Centera Bank

Online Banking

Business Banking

About Us

About Us

History

Centera Bank was originally chartered in 1937 under the name of The Haskell County State Bank. The original bank originated from the merger of three banks: Copeland State Bank, Satanta State Bank and Santa Fe State Bank. It was locally owned from 1937 to 1977. In 1977 a one-bank holding company, Santa Fe Trail Banc Shares, Inc., was formed. This holding company purchased the bank and has owned it since that time. The holding company was comprised of investors from Hutchinson, KS and Garden City, KS. In December 1986 this holding company had a change of ownership, with a group of local investors purchasing control. This local group of investors has retained ownership from 1986 to the present time.

In 1994 the bank purchased assets and assumed liabilities of the State Bank of Satanta and in 1998 it purchased the assets and assumed liabilities of First State Bank of Greensburg. Most recently, in November of 2005, the stock of the Peoples State Bank of Minneola was acquired by the bank, adding a fifth location. As a result of the purchase of these banks, Centera Bank has established itself as a community bank for the counties of Haskell, Ford, Clark and Kiowa and maintains presence in the towns of Sublette, Satanta, Greensburg, Dodge City, and Minneola.

With the banks growth outside of Haskell County the bank formally changed its name in 1999 from The Haskell County State Bank to Centera Bank. In addition, in 1999 Centera established a separate corporate office in Sublette. The main banking operations for all locations are maintained at the bank location in Sublette.

Member FDIC Equal Housing Lender Verisign